Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Goodbye Maggi

Favourite no more !

Mee Maggi, Cepat Dimasak, Sedap Dimakan. But from today onwards, I swear to hate Maggi Mee forever. For your information, the price of Maggi Mee has skyrocketed by more than 50% of its original value since year 2006. At RM4.75, equivalent to 95sens a packet (RM4.75/5), one can get him/herself a nasi lemak. Don't expect a standard size or half a standard size egg offered in it as a package, because it's only 95sens ! At the very least, there's an egg and some nuts. Therefore, Maggi, at Rm4.75, is not worth the buy anymore.

I used to love Maggi Mee when I was doing my university first year until the extent of one packet per day. Ok, a packet a day is normal among poor students like me.

THEN, it's August now and it's a midterm holiday. Shops are usually close during school breaks. Thus, my only options available are to walk some 800 metres to find food OR, Maggi Mee. At first, I thought I can do fine with Maggi every meal. Subsequently, I started to grew mad because even double packets of Maggi weren't able to satisfy my hunger ! At the next moment, I was considering triple, quadruple or QUINTUPLE packets of Maggi. But on second thought, if I consume the quintuple amount, I would've been able to compensate myself a better meal at the rate of RM4.75.

Maggi Mee is gross, rubbish and unhealthy. I wondered why I loved the Maggi brand so much.... I'll never consume maggi mee again after graduation, NEVER EVER. I guess money and the 800 metre distance are the biggest factor playing around here. Anyway, I should thank my housemate because he's the one who convened the whole Maggi-mania thingy. I hope he can understand 1 thing from Maggi. Saving money is important, but not to the detriment of health and hunger. These are self-imposed starvation acts. The most important thing is, these kind of acts are sins. If his mom knows that he's eating Maggi every meal, I can bet with my head that she'll throw tantrums and ambers at him.

Oh, by the way, the price is RM4.75 now. Why save the money for Maggi? Come on people, let's boycott Maggi starting from TODAY. No one shall suffer from the marketing strategy of Maggi anymore ! Hence, buy yourself a nasi lemak instead of Maggi Mee.

Goodbye, Mee Maggi, I Don't Love You anymore ~ Sayonara ~
But right now, I guess Maggi Mee is the better option. Sigh..... T.T

YUCK !

No comments:

Post a Comment